Kids

Kids

Thursday 13 September 2012

Waiting for winter

I hate this transition period between seasons. Almost 6 months of huffing and puffing and labouring under the intense heat has left us all drained. The last mile is the hardest isn’t it? October with its promise of cooler weather is just around the corner, yet the thought of another few weeks of moisture and perspiration seems too much to be borne. Monsoons mean houseflies, all manner of strange insects, mosquitoes, Odomos and the ever-present parental anxiety over dengue and malaria. It means stomach infections, missing maids, throwing out leftovers without a thought, and, this year, praying for the rain that comes but infrequently.
Forgive the rant. I stayed silent all through the torrid summer, after all! I managed to get bitten by some insect and the resulting allergy has left me in agony with skin rashes. A visit to the dermatologist is urgently needed, it seems – have been putting it off for days out of sheer laziness.
Updates on the glorious weather in Bangalore by the husband are not helping! Ah well..just a few more weeks....just a few more...the early roses are already in bloom. Can't wait for my favourite seasons - autumn and winter!

5 comments:

  1. Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons. Hang in there, you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We don't get fall colours here of course but the weather is generally awesome. Looking fwd to it!

      Delete
  2. I used to hate the 'transition period' back in Ahmedabad, too. They used to feel strange and without any real characteristics of their own. In Bangalore, I hardly see any transition period as such.

    Bangalore weather is gorgeous?! It is super duper hot now!

    You get well soon, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe it. You Bangaloreans crib about even 32 degree weather :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, we are a spoilt lot. We are so used to the breezy romantic weather here, that we start feeling uneasy when the temperature soars even a bit! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)