Kids

Kids

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Snack menu today

Working from home (which...sigh.....is not happening that much nowadays) means I have the time to do stuff, like...
Baking. Started with wanting to bake a rainbow cake but then realized I was out of food colour. I made do with orange and yellow-coloured whole wheat muffins.


And being able to plan ahead. Soak the dal and get my cook to grate the veggies for the evening snack - beetroot vadas. I love these because of the protein and vitamin kick. These don't look that fabulous (am blaming it on my camera and my photography non-skills!) but they tasted yum :)

6 comments:

  1. wow...they look so yummm...please post the recipes too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks uma, its the same recipe as masala vada minus ginger, chillies and onions. See my reply to noon's comment below :)

      Delete
  2. Just noticed these...beetroot vada - never heard of it. Share the recipe pl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks all!! Recipe is same as masala vada with some variations. I soaked chana dal for 4-5 hrs, ground coarsely, added grated beets, salt, very little finely chopped green chilly since beetroot is anyway sweet. Made balls and coated with bread crumbs and deep fried. I usually use the kuzhi-paniyaaram for such things since it uses less oil, but this time I just deep fried.

      Delete
  3. Both the dishes look yummylicious! :)
    Please do share the recipes!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)