Kids

Kids

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Thanks UoL!

It's been a very busy 5 days. Chronologically, then.
1. 3-day trip to Agra, Mathura and Fatehpur Sikri. 
2. My b-school roommate, and one of my closest friends, visiting for a day. Yak yak yak.
3. My results. I passed!!!! With distinction!
4. Ads birthday tomorrow, the 25th. 6 years old. And my birthday present - no party! :) Yes I convinced Ads not to have a party this year. This I consider a bigger accomplishment than passing the exams.
So, these were the events of the week. I knew the results were out yesterday but I steadfastly refused to go online. My friend being around helped. I kept the kids home from school, we all went out to lunch, and then shopped around because my friend wanted to buy the kids some toys. By the time we were home it was 5 pm. I was a little bugged because the previous day S had said that he had a gut feel that I would pass 3 subjects and fail in 1. What encouragement!! I finally logged on around 5.30 pm and found (rather to my surprise) that the lowest I had scored was 67%. I called up parents and in-laws, mailed my bro and obviously crowed about it on facebook :)
Relief is the predominant emotion. If I'd known the last 2 years would take so much out of me, I would never have taken the plunge. Ignorance truly is bliss sometimes.
Pics of the trip coming up, hopefully tomorrow :)

10 comments:

  1. WHOA!!! where's the party???
    CONGRATULATIONS gal! and give yourself a huge pat on the back! An achievement what with being a mom to two young kids I must say.
    *bows down in regard*
    Advance wishes to the young lad of 6 years! and so mature of him to agree not to have a party..bless him!Hugs n love too!
    Have a blast..its indeed celebrations time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Way to go....it is a major achievement, right along with 'no party 6th birthday'. Totally with you on that one! :-D

    Err....where's the party for the exam results?! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Uma :) So sweet of u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sangi: Yes, party due....next time I am in Blr? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I don't mind joining the party in B'lore ;) BTW what were you studying for the last 2 years? Considering i started reading your blog recently I can be excused for not-knowing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Way2Go. All that effort has finally paid off.. you did it... achieved what you thought was insurmountable.

    Oh.. one more thing.. great going with passing the exams ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks L_R. Life is full of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simran: yes of course party in blr when i am there next ;) I've responded to ur question in the other post (comments section).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ofcourse, the obvious curiosity. You writing an exam for what? :-). I appreciate the effort you took for no party for your kid. Infact from this year onwards (realizing some of the things you have brought out too) all parents in my daughter's (8yr) class decided that there won't be any gifts. And my daughter very much OK with it. We had called her class to the house and we had lots of activity (games,etc) and no party in the traditional sense. Infact, now most of the class parents do it more as a play-day and they either take them to the zoo, blue cross etc or just have fun in the house. And the kids really enjoy! They are happy I believe knowing that it is their birthday and their friends are around. The rest din't seem to matter. And- this time we saved the trouble of taking care of some 30-40 gift items we don't know what to do with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anil: Thanks for stopping by and hello! Wow - your daughter's bday does sound very special. I love that all of you parents decided on a no-gifts policy. The kids had so much fun nevertheless!! Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)