Kids

Kids

Saturday 25 February 2012

I'm going to miss this

Spring is here. And a very short spring it will be, too. I'm going to miss the luxury of my daily afternoon walks. The beautiful flowers everywhere, and not just inside our apartment complex. The warm sun. The circle of drivers who bask in the afternoon sunshine everyday after lunch, sitting on the ground near their cars and playing cards. The huge bunch of aunties and uncles who seem to be a permanent fixture in the outdoor areas everyday. The kids cycling, playing tennis and running around the playground, even at 2 in the afternoon.
Sigh. If only the weather were like this all the time. Oh wait......then Delhi would be called Bangalore :)
That's a random snap, clicked as I walked :)


Flowers, flowers everywhere.




9 comments:

  1. So lovely. I so wish I could spend a year in India. So so so wish. I want to experience the new India. I have no idea of it. And that too places like Delhi I have never experienced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, as long as it's for a finite period, am sure u will enjoy it :)

      Delete
    2. Well yes, because I don't have a home base there. May be if I set up home there myself may be OK. But even the one year thing wont' happen most likely! Just a dream.

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful. Bangalore is getting hot, the afternoons are not so comfortable to take a walk in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no am sure it's not so :) You must be spoilt living in bangalore :)

      Delete
  3. oh long legged one! the photographs remind me of ooty!

    we are having a really hot spell here in Bombay. Funnily enough, it is super dry and reminds me of Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't imagine bombay being dry!!! summer started?

      Delete
  4. Seconding that Bangalore is getting HOT during the days! My gardening is mostly on the terrace, and anytime I need to spend time there after 10, it's sweltering !!

    Nice pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, If u say so :) Bangalore CAN get hot and dry.

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)