Kids

Kids

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Ad-Lib#9

Ads: Amma I want to stay young. I mean I want to stay 6 years old.
Me: You mean like forever?
Ads: Yeah.
Me: Yaaay! I don't want you to grow up too (My internal voice: Though sometimes I can't wait for it! :)) And these are the best years of your life, what do you think?
Ads: Yeah. But the best years are when you are a baby, no? Or maybe like Y.
Me: Babies have the best time. But I don't think you had a great time when you were 3, baby. I think you are happier now :)
Ads: If everyone stayed at the same age, then no one will die. I can always play with thatha and naani. 
Me: But change is what makes life interesting. Wouldn't it be boring if everything stayed exactly the same?
Ads: Ok maybe if we all have to die, then maybe we can all be together in heaven. Can we? How many people are in heaven amma?
Me: Errrrr.......
Quantum leaps in thought always leave me floundering.

12 comments:

  1. hey, aparna, first things..can you remove the word verification? initially it was just one word but now two words come on display and the commenting gets a little cumbersome..:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ..sorry :)) any idea how I can do that? can't find it in my settings.

      Delete
  2. Have a look here:
    http://www.google.co.in/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=6c4188a3eef012dc&hl=en

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks uma, did it, hope the problem is sorted out :)

      Delete
  3. :D just tell him there are very few people in heaven. It would be more interesting to go to hell. After all, you go to heaven for the weather and hell for the company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its better if i don't take the conversation any further since it just leads to more doubts and questions :)

      Delete
  4. he does not yet know the concept of hell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hellfire and eternal damnation? Oh no, imagine if advaith started thinking seriously about all these things :)

      Delete
  5. This is just too profound for 6 years old ! Would love to have a conversation with Ads sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That is a lot of thinking by a six year old! However did he come up with these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we must have come up with such thoughts too, re --- unfortunately our mums couldn't blog about it then :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)