Kids

Kids

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Budding author

Our geek has been writing books. The kind that were written in the old days - yes actually written -with old-fashioned pen and paper and not by banging keys on a laptop. I half-heartedly tried to get him to write on the computer. I'd passed on my old clunky HP laptop to him when I migrated to a sleeker version. He did not take to it for a variety of reasons and I let him be. Unlike most of his peers, he's not very much into tech tools and games. Plus that laptop is so lousy; half the keys are missing thanks to Y and it's battery is on it's last legs.
The books (multiple!) are all started and then discarded. The first thing Ads does is to create the following pages.
  • Foreword
  • Preface
  • Acknowledgements
  • Resources/Bibliography
  • Contents (with page numbers)
  • Glossary
  • Index
By the time he's done with all of these, he's exhausted and bored and the book remains all bones with no flesh!
We've grown sick telling him, start writing the damn book! Then do the preface and acknowledgements and so on. What do I do with this boy? On the other hand, how many 7-year olds know what a foreword and a preface is? :)
Most of the books have the authors name: Ads. Consultant: Y :) Editor: S and Publisher: Yours truly :) I told him, since I was the one supplying him with a regular and everlasting supply of A4 sheets for his books, I should be the publisher :)
I'm also thinking of buying shares in ITC's paperboard business!
Leaving you with some sample pages and a letter to Santa Claus.
 
Intro page to his Enclyclopaedia

Sample contents page with page nos

Part of a foreword that I wrote for his book

Letter to Santa asking mainly, for what else, an encyclopaedia!
 

18 comments:

  1. I am speechless, really impressive! lol, love the way he's kept it as a family business too:) He will go a long long way. So now you have your work cut out with the specific gifts you need to source for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - this is incredible! This boy is really something! I just want to give him a tight hug for this! Knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, This guy is amazing! God bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very cute is that?! Touch wood. That boy of yours is brilliant. :)
    Ask him to please write that book fast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aparna - can you email me - wondernoon@gmai
    I did not see a contact email for you here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Love the attention to detail, and the artwork!! Very talented kid you have there Aparna :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I have another post on his "talents" coming up :)

      Delete
  7. wow! he pays attention to detail - the structure is so important - more important than content - a tech writer tells u this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ok...now I understand....he was right all along then :)

      Delete
  8. I am really really impressed. He has a great eye for details.
    I loved his letter to Santa too complete with all those drawings :) Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LS! He is indeed very detail-oriented.

      Delete
  9. OMG! he chose to write an encyclopedia??? and his gift wish from Santa is also the same..he is really true to his nickname.
    I am so impressed with the attention to details. The content page is quite comprehensive.
    Hmm..a very rare combination where the publisher is waiting to publish but the script isn't ready yet..Ads, we are waiting. I'll buy the copy when it releases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be FORCED to buy a copy ...no worries...:)

      Delete
  10. This is so impressive!! I can imagine your happiness and pride when you see each of these creations :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)