Kids

Kids

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Favourite corners and spaces Part 1

Sharing a few pics from the home which is finally looking the way I want ......after weeks of tweaking (or what the husband calls messing around!)
#1 - The entryway, where the biggest challenge was to find a really simple functional bench (not too large, no upholstery, no frills) to sit on to wear or remove one's shoes. I roamed around the city quite fruitlessly until I found Urban Ladder!


#2 - It's been a long-standing dream of mine to own a really elegant settee. Being mom to two small grubby kids and until now, not having a large enough living room, meant that all I could do was look and salivate :) I went all out after moving to Bangalore though. Found a fabulous woodworker/restorer, decided on a distinctly old-fashioned design, picked some pretty paisley-patterned cotton material from an awesome shop in Seshadripuram and ta-da! Definitely my favourite piece in the entire house (it's also very comfortable). S took one look at it when it arrived and wasn't too happy with the light colour of the fabric, given the aforesaid grubby kids, their grubby friends and all the accidents and spills that are likely to happen. But, hey, one can live dangerously right? :)


#3: Coffee table with hand-painted tiles. I got this done from another awesome guy in Mehrauli (Delhi).


#4: Partial view of the living room.


More photos coming up as soon as a couple of home improv projects get completed.

30 comments:

  1. Wow.. Looks palatial! Waiting for more pics..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely....love the coffee table

    ReplyDelete
  3. so this is what has been keeping you busy! I was telling vish looks like aps is on a social-media detox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I know what's kept you busy ;-) I loved the wall art behind the settee. Now, I want a proper home tour.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Loved your coffee table to the dot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done home! And am sure you are having a really good time doing it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks absolutely beautiful, would love, love to feature your home tour, do let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOKS VERY BEAUTIFUL, THE TABLE IS AWESOME & SO IS THE PAINTING BEHIND. WISH I GET THIS SENSE TOO ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweety :) The painting behind is actually applique work on fabric.

      Delete
  10. Wow! Your living room is gorgeous! Loved the table especially. :)

    Also, loved reading the stories of how each piece of furniture came to live in your house. Things like that have me charmed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TGND :) Yeah I love reading these type of stories too, that's why I included them when I wrote the post.

      Delete
  11. Saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for dropping by! Once your projects are ready, do send me a mail @ padmamanasa@gmail.com! Cant wait to see it complete!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coffee table is a masterpiece - testimony to your creativity! I love the earthy colors sailing across the sofa, coffee table, carpet and the artwork on the walls. The only feature standing out is the pinkiness of the settee and the gold cushions, which are beautiful in itself. Or maybe its just me, I have a thing about pink :( !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm does the settee look pink? Those block prints are kinda maroon-ish to set off the brick red of the couch. Yes I love pink too - I'd furnish in pink and fuschia if I had the chance :) Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  13. Nicely done,Aparna!I love paisleys and the settee looks gorgeous.I am new here but would be a regular now!Loved the coffee table too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and the sweet words!

      Delete
    2. Oh and I adore paisleys too :)

      Delete
  14. Wow, very beautiful house! Your foyer area is as big as a room!! You have a lovely aesthetic sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the apartment is big. It makes a difference doesn't it?

      Delete
  15. Lovely. Am feeling esp j since in the last seven months my living room has been striped clean of stuff at baby height. No more decor unless you count stuffed toys

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aparna: It's my first time here and completely floored by your home. The paisley does look pink in the pictures and against the background it is a winner. May I pls. know where in Sadashivnagar is this shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, L. This shop is in sehsadripuram near the seshadripuram college. Its called AARCEE home textiles.

      Delete
  17. Thanks so much Aparna. It seems close to Chitrakala Parishath.

    I wonder why blogger makes it so difficult to comment :( Btw, I write at http://dressyourhome.in

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)