Kids

Kids

Monday 15 April 2013

In our own beds and happy (mostly)

The kids are now officially sleeping in their own room every night. A huge milestone for us! The one most affected will be the husband who cannot imagine how he will manage to sleep every night without his two babies to provide warmth and comfort.Yes, there appear to be THREE people in the house needing night-time comfort and cuddles! Fortunately for him, he left for the US just a day after the new arrangement came into force and hasn't had a chance to experience withdrawal symptoms yet :)
'To compensate, I'm dragging a kicking and screaming Y to bed every afternoon for a nap. It forces me to rest a while in the middle of rigorous summer days spent entirely with the kids and gives Y some much needed downtime from endless bickering with her brother. The bonus is I get some soft cheek-to-cheek time with my little girl not to mention a few moments of girlish giggling and exclusive cuddles uninterrupted by Anna.
Last night I woke up to find Ads snuggled up next to me. I woke him up and tucked him into his own bed. In the morning, he claimed that he only came into my room because he wanted some cream for a mosquito bite and that I had dragged him into bed to sleep beside me! I have no recollection of what happened but it sure looks like I am experiencing some withdrawal symptoms of my own here! :)

11 comments:

  1. Lol! funny and cute post! I do this to lil G too, insist on naps, otherwise afternoons are sometimes unbearable with both sisters alternately fighting and creating a big ruckus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays I get so crabby if I cant nap in the afternoon.

      Delete
  2. I so love those afternoon naps on sat and sundays. For now that has been a long forgotten story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I'm luxuriating in them now after years of not napping due to work and study :)

      Delete
  3. LOL! Cute post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! btw, we have Manya sleeping in her own bed (crib) for all daytime naps since a day or two. I put her in her crib for the night too but if she starts getting up frequently, I bring her to the bed. Oh, but no cry it out business. In the crib as long as she is okay with it and guess who has the withdrawal symptoms out of the three of us, ME! Manya couldn't be bothered. On the contrary, she seems like she is the happiest with the arrangement - giggles away to glory. You cant even begin to imagine how stupid I feel - I should do a post on this once we have a pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its mostly us parents who can't deal with it, I feel. You and sanjay should exchange notes :)

      Delete
  5. oh, how soon they have grown up..it seems like yesterday when you wrote a post about co-sleeping and here they are sleeping in their own beds..
    I think it will be the husband in our case who'll face withdrawal symptoms when the time comes..;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww....you too? :) Rather him than you huh? :)

      Delete
  6. Ads is so cute, mosquito bite indeed :)... Am just going to order a new bed for S this week, and I'm also experiencing that separation anxiety with the kids spending time in Chennai with their grandparents. So I'm going all Awwww overthis post :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww indeed.....how long are they away for?

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)