Kids

Kids

Monday 12 December 2011

Focaccia bread on a griddle

I read this lovely recipe for making a focaccia-like bread on a tawa/griddle (Thanks, Sangeetha, for this and other great recipes!). I did a little tinkering around - I did not have wheat bran and I mixed the wheat flour with maida in about a 1:1 proportion. I'm not sure how the original recipe would have tasted (it looks GREAT, doesn't it? :)) but mine did have a distinct focaccia-like look and feel. The best thing is that there is no baking required and it takes very little time and effort to make this bread. As always, my children are opposites in everything they do. I made the dish specifically for Ads but he didn't like it whereas Y wolfed it down and asked for more :)


4 comments:

  1. Yes ...it tastes quite like the real focaccia and so easy to make. next time make it with 100%whole wheat and see how good it is without any maida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very cool recipe link Aparna, thanks so much for trying it out and sharing :). I always look forward to trying out new whole wheat recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sangeeta, will do.
    @Aparna: Let me know how it turned out and any smart tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That sure looks (and sounds) good! Seems simple to make as well.

    I'll try it out sometime soon.

    Thank you so much for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)