Kids

Kids

Sunday 27 June 2010

Angels and demons

"Amma, you are NOT the queen of this house. You are too hyper. You have to be calm like Appa."
I deserve this little homily from my son. Yes, I am too hyper, too impatient, too quick to find fault with myself and with my little cherubs. 
Sometimes, especially on days when they have been good, I don't feel like I deserve them. I don't deserve their constant and overt affection, their touching ability to believe that Amma is perfect, their delightful smiles and laughs, their little arms encircling my neck and their warm faces nestled under my chin. I wonder at this state of grace and feel grateful for it.
And yet it cuts both ways.
Every single morning, Y wakes up crying when I am in the bathroom brushing my teeth. Every day. There are NO exceptions. There's some sensor in her body that goes off when I leave the bed. And 95% of the time when I am taking a shower, Ads bangs on the bathroom door, howling for something or the other which cannot wait for the 2.5 minutes that it takes me to have a bath. A relaxed cup of tea? You must be joking. It happened last on 22nd December 2009.
As they say - you win some, you lose some.
As I type this, early on a Sunday morning, Ads is already up. I just convinced him to lie in bed for a little while longer until I finished gulping my tea. Gotta go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts :)