Kids

Kids

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening/COVID Parody poem

Thought of doing a parody poem based on Robert Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening". Here is the original poem followed by the parody :)

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.   

His house is in the village though;   

He will not see me stopping here   

To watch his woods fill up with snow.   


My little horse must think it queer   

To stop without a farmhouse near   

Between the woods and frozen lake   

The darkest evening of the year.   


He gives his harness bells a shake   

To ask if there is some mistake.   

The only other sound’s the sweep   

Of easy wind and downy flake.   


The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep.


Thinking about COVID on New Year’s eve 

Whose fault this is, we think we know  

There are a lot of theories though; 

Some say nature is striking back - 

2019 sure seems a long time ago. 


At first I found it very queer 

To see people masked from ear to ear; 

Finding toilet paper and sanitizer 

At the grocery was cause for cheer.


Some people had a different take; 

That the whole thing was a conspiracy, a fake 

Some decided to take up hobbies,  

Insta was full of sourdough and cake.  


The scars of 2020 will go deep  

Making a vaccine, was a mighty leap 

The price we paid was very steep, 

There are miles to go before we sleep.    


There are miles to go before we sleep.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts :)