Kids

Kids

Sunday 26 June 2011

Of Kalamkari and Pochampalli acquisitions

In Bangalore, my friend took me to this wonderful shop for Kalamkari work, called Dwaraka. I suppose she knew I would start drooling at the mouth on entering the shop! I picked up a couple of lovely things, including a Kalamkari wallet (mine was way overdue for replacement), some cushion covers and this lovely Toran, which now hangs in my kitchen doorway. Isn't it beautiful?
Check out this Pochampalli Diwan set which I simply could not resist picking up in Hyderabad, at Shilparamam. Yes I am a sucker for all things Indian, hand-made and hand-crafted, especially if they brighten up my house and perk me up every time I lay eyes on them!
That's your eye candy quota for the day! Hope you like them!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. Love Dwaraka, we have something similar from there.

    Had this pochampalli dupatta when I was younger - it was so good that people stole it. Yeah, at a friend's house - can you believe it? Am still searching for one like that! Hyderabad, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aparna, It's nice to hear about something in Bangalore I didn't know about - their stuff looks amazing. Seems very far away from where I stay but will remember :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them! I am new to your blog, so I don't have much to say yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sangitha: Really??? That's really sad. I haven't seen these things when I was at Dilli haat so maybe you do need to plan a trip to Hyd :)
    Aparna: Their store is really nice. I was lusting over the mirrors but they only had a couple in stock the day I visited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lovely..shilparamam is somethg i miss abt hyd..thanks 4 reading n commenting on my posts. My pc has conked off hence will reply 2 ur individual comment later...n hope 2 meet u the next time u r in blore..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I choose not to comment on this subject :P howzzaaat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uma: definitely, next time in Bangalore :)
    Life_refactored : did not expect anything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail aboutcotton bed sheets online

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)