Kids

Kids

Wednesday 28 January 2009

Skype mommy

New creative idea by my preschooler to circumvent Evil Mommy's rule-book - Get a new mommy!!! I walked in the front door this morning after a quick run to the library, and the first thing I see is Ads driving one of his trucks over the surface of the centre table, something he knows he is NOT supposed to do. Our centre table is chipped big-time already thanks to the many truck-related games played on it in earlier days. I don't want it to be ruined to the extent that I have to throw it out. When I asked him to stop, he ran without a word to the bedroom, and appealed to his new mommy, if you please; the one smiling out at him from the photograph residing on the bedside table. The conversation went something like this:
Ads: "Mommy, can I play with my trucks on the table?"
Mommy: "Yes dear you can do whatever you please. Why don't you bang your trucks hard on the table, repeatedly, if you are so inclined sweetie?"
Ads: "Thank you mommy!"
(OK I am exaggerating here, but just a little bit!)
And he had the gall to run back to the living room and tell me "Skype mommy says it's ok".
I was speechless! Skype mommy??? Is he trying to tell me that he prefers a remote mommy? Skype mommy's strictures, unsurprisingly, are always in direct contradiction to my own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts :)