Kids

Kids

Thursday 15 March 2012

What drama!

I swear my life hasn't been this exciting since.....well, it's been a long time anyway :)
Our landlord had asked us to move, right? We found a place, a really nice apartment, in another block of the same complex. Before we signed the lease, there was a spat between the current tenant and the owner with the result that the current tenant refused to vacate before April-end. Too late for us. Now I ran around like a headless chicken, trying to locate another apartment. In between our homeowner called us to say we could stay until May end - if we liked. I found and liked another apartment, even paid a token advance (there was nothing token about it!) and I was harrying the broker to get the lease signed before S starts traveling again next week.
Yesterday, I met our current landlord in the elevator and he shocks me by saying we can stay for another year! Yes yes it was a shock of the nice kind. Still, we had already paid up for the other flat and I spent a lot of time making phone calls and explaining the situation to an annoyed broker and a relieved husband. How does the husband manage to stay out of all the drama and stress? It beats me!
I have been so stressed about the impending move. The welcome news is that we now can stay put for another year. I asked our homeowner again and again, in many different ways, if he was sure about his decision. After all, the last thing one wants is to be told in September to look for another flat! The fellow seems to be a confused lot and hopefully he won't change his mind again!
So - now's the time to say - All izz well :)
Some respite - until next year! Watch this space :)

11 comments:

  1. I missed your Feb updates post, so didn't know that you were going through this. :(

    That sure sounds stressful. I would have gone bonkers with all the stress too, in your situation. Anyways, all's well that ends well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GND. I WAS going a little bonkers to be honest!

      Delete
  2. phew! that was one roller-coaster ride..
    but all's well than ends well...here's to happy times in your current place..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your landlord requires a sound thrashing

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.. shock of the good kind thankfully :).. good for you, but completely understand the title of the post, What Drama indeed!!! It's great that you got your advances back, else that could have also been a big pain to follow-up i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Our broker hates me after all the running around i made him do :)

      Delete
  5. a tag awaits you, lady. Do hop over..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That certainly is drama! How can he be so confused! Thank god it all ended well - but it must have been such a nightmare for you, while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just get mad thinking of all the time I wasted. So many houses viewed with 2 whining kids in tow. ONce they were both napping and I had to leave them alone at home for half an hour because that was the only time the broker could show me the apartment.

      Delete
  7. Man, do I know the feeling. In our case we wanted to move because some renovation was starting on our side of the building. And suddenly it has been postponed a bit. Well, we are probably looking for a house later instead of now, but somehow shifting house is one activity I don't mind procastinating

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)