Kids

Kids

Monday 9 April 2012

BEE craft

This one was a slapdash affair. Ads was asked to make some craft related to the bee, since they are learning about bees in school now. I wanted something that involved some basic gluing and sticking since Ads would be doing most of the work and his fine motor skills go for a toss when it comes to cutting and pasting :)
So this is what I came up with. One clean and empty plastic Mother Dairy kulfi cone :)


 Cut out a circle, draw a smiley face and paste it on the open end of the plastic cone.


Envelop it with strips of yellow and black paper. I didn't have yellow paper so I gave a white sheet to Y and she happily lathered it with yellow poster paint.



Cut out wings from the yellow paper and stick to the 'back' of the bee. Add antennae and one bumblebee's ready for submission :)

4 comments:

  1. loved the creativity behind the artwork! such posts have been bookmarked for future use you see ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uma...for the first time I did not turn to the web for ideas for this craft...so feel happy about that :) The key is to collect a lot of junk and store ina cupboard for use in crafts :)

      Delete
  2. Wow... ! Did I hear you say sometime back that you are not the craftsy type? :) !! This is so original and brilliant!!

    Sorry I haven't been dropping in lately, my net connection seems to fail at most blogspot pages.. now realized the trick is to try to reload after two mins which seems to work :x !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, apster. Btw I have the same problem with blogger and blogpost pages - I thought I was the only one!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)