Kids

Kids

Tuesday 3 January 2012

My kowhai and my kauri

The friend with whom we stayed in Auckand gifted a book to Ads. It is called "The little Kowhai tree" and it's a very cute book about 2 trees (siblings, a brother-sister pair) who stand up for and protect each other. The children can't get enough of the book and I am reading it out to them several times a day. The same two lines repeat several times in the book and whenever they appear, the kids chorus (Y in high-pitched tones, very loud and clear and Ads with his altogether deeper, more bass voice) "I'm a little kowhai, short and stout. If you hurt my brother, you better watch out!". 
As the book comes to a close, Ads ends with "I'm a great big Kauri, tall and stout. If you hurt my sister, you better watch out!". 
Such Awwwww moments!

5 comments:

  1. Real Awww moments. Talks about tree/environment protection and also teaches sibling how to stand for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww moments indeed! So so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I loved the book. It was very moving and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww indeed! :)

    Note to self: I should get this book for my nephews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check bookdepository.co.uk. Free shipping anywhere in the world!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)