Kids

Kids

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Proud mommy

I'm insanely proud of Ads. Because, as of yesterday, he can ride his cycle all by himself i.e. without any training wheels to support him. He's been riding his bike with just 1 training wheel for several weeks now. About 10 days ago, S removed the remaining training wheel also, but since then it's been raining every evening and Ads has not been able to practise. It took just a half-hour session with my father yesterday afternoon for him to become independent on the bike (or cycle, as I should start calling it!)
I think he was ready 6 months earlier, but we never had the time to spend with him, helping him get over the initial fear of falling, holding onto him as he tentatively pulled his feet off the ground. It seems like a big milestone. Probably it isn't really; but I just feel as though it is. 
We've not upgraded him to a larger 16 or 18 inch bike yet, but it's time now. He's way too big for the tiny 12 incher that we bought more than a year ago.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand the feeling Apu. It's a great feeling to be able to see your child become independent particularly learning a life long skill like cycling.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)