Kids

Kids

Thursday 16 September 2010

I don't need any protect!

This was the indignant response from Ads' when I told his dad "I think we need to send Y in the school bus to protect Ads."
And why did I say this? Every other day, Ads complains that the "big kids" in the bus (the kids are all in LKG and UKG so I suppose by big kids he just means someone taller and bigger than him, which is most of them!) take away his snack, or the chocolates that he gets when it's a classmates' birthday. And when I ask him why did he give away his snack, he says "Amma, he asked me for it, how can I say no?"
Grrr..........all my protective mother instincts are roused now...........so I give him a long lecture on how he doesn't need to share stuff with kids who are not his friends, especially not if they try to grab it from him. How he should say no very firmly but politely, and how he should escalate to the bus didi or bhaiya if required. How his class teacher has told me to teach him to be more "stern". 
Sorry, dear son who-doesn't-know-how-to-say-no, I really think I'll breathe easier when Y is old enough to offer you some protect! :)

3 comments:

  1. Its surprising that Ads is unable to say no despite having a younger sibling around. All my daughter can say is 'no' to my son even if he asks for his own toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a very good point...i never thought of that.....the thing is he's very good at sharing, even with his sister. doesn't say NO all that much. i guess he just extends the sharing principle to many others also. he does get very perturbed when he finds other kids who don't share their toys with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.. .must have been one Pari vallal in his previous births or its one of the character traits that only children who grew up outside India have.. (speaking low, good manners, courtesy and boldness) Its exactly the opposites to majority born in India . If you are thinking Y is not like that ..my answer to that would be she went to school only here!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)