Kids

Kids

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Pastalicious, apparently

I simply had to share this because never ever in my life have I got such glowing compliments on ...of all things.....my cooking!
Oh well, my kids praise my baking every now and then and my alfredo sauce or basil pasta is always a favourite with them, but they are my kids and I have to discount whatever they may say.
Yesterday was pasta for lunch, for all the three of us. I was in a rush in the morning so I did what I thought was a very haphazard job, throwing spices and tomatoes and milk and cheese into the dish along with some chopped veggies. In fact I even managed to over-cook the pasta. When Ads came back home, he pressed a very grubby piece of paper into my hand. Amma, my friends have written reviews of your pasta, he said.
Reviews?? 4 kids had written their opinion, along with their names. Here they are.
Advaith's mother cooks very very good food.
Awesome, best in the solar system.
Your mom's food is very nice.
Advaith's mom, you are a great chef.
Gosh!!! I had this HUGE smile on my face that hasn't been wiped out even 24 hours later :)
Friend#2 has given me the best compliment I've ever received. Considering that I am a competent chef at the very best and nowhere close to great or awesome, I feel good that I can atleast satisfy the not-so-sophisticated taste buds of a bunch of hungry 7-year olds :))

20 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    I would have been smiling non-stop too, if I had received such a note. Can totally understand. :)

    BTW my pasta never turns out great. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send u a mail. But don't expect too much. Its very basic!

      Delete
    2. Arre, I need a basic recipe only. I have had enough of trying out fancy-shmancy recipes. :)

      Delete
  2. Sooo cute! And believe me, kids can be tough critics ;)..

    Pls share the pasta recipe, I always have the same one or two, and I'm bored of them!

    And Aparna, you should check out the haaram.com site too, they are duplicating your posts there too! See my latest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually even I have the same 1 or 2 recipes aparna....will share anyways.

      Delete
  3. Wow Aparna. So so cute. Real compliment

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! kids can never lie so u know this is a huge compliment ... btw did Advaith make them write the reviews or the kids were smart (thoughtful?) enuff to do it on their own! very sweet@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He made them do it, I think.

      Delete
    2. i am telling you he's destined for so many big things! which 7 yr old thinks of getting reviews written!

      Delete
  5. LOL i would be on cloud 9 if i get such reviews. You are a good chef i believe. Getting it from the kids sometimes fussy eaters is a big big thing i tell you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know my limitations sumana...and I know I am just an ok cook...so ...:))

      Delete
  6. how cute! I love kids like these, who know to give compliments. How cute, these kids are. Pastalicious, truly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...there's another post coming up about that soon :)

      Delete
  7. aww...I can so relate to what you've said about cooking..I'd be grinning like mad too if I'd received such compliments. And, I second Aparna..kids are tough critics, so give yourself a pat on the back and share the recipe too :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Compliments from kids will always be genuine. You can pat your past(a)bilities no doubt :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'll be super happy the day my kids compliment me on my pasta, it never turns out great. Please do a post on your recipe, the basil sauce sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chatty wren. will do so. I am sure ur kids compliment u on lots of other stuff that u make :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)