Kids

Kids

Tuesday 14 October 2008

Build-up to preschool

Advaith started part-time preschool on 3rd September 2008. For months before this event, I had been walking around with a lump in my chest. A lump of fear, not sadness! A has always been a fairly clingy child, more so after we moved to the Bay Area and I was the only adult around 24*7. On playdates, he would start wailing if I as much as went to the bathroom. S had suggested that I leave him for an hour or two at a friend’s place, a couple of times, to get him accustomed to the idea of mommy not being around. That never happened. So it was with extreme trepidation that I awaited his reaction to the separation that school would entail. I prepared him by reading aloud a lot of books about the first day of school, and by talking to him incessantly about all the fun he’d have there.
S (who happens to be right on most things, most of the time!) has always maintained that A is a “big-game player”. “Hmmm….let’s see”, is what I said.

1 comment:

  1. Bumblebee kidz TODDLER play zone is stacked with toys and books that help your baby make at his or her own specific pace. Teachers sing tunes and read stories to invigorate vernacular obtainment. They similarly pass balls and play diversions to make motor aptitudes.
    Best Tuitions in HSR Layout

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)