Kids

Kids

Monday 20 May 2013

New books

Of course I'm cribbing about having to do it....
But there's a certain pleasure in fingering the books for the new school year, and settling down with cellotape, scissors and pen to cover and label the textbooks and notebooks. 
The scent of new unsullied books, and the sense of a new beginning.
Plus we have been issued recyclable covers for all the books, which is nice but also weird because I thought brown paper was also recyclable? But it's a vast improvement over the plastic covers that we were given last year. 


8 comments:

  1. Oh..I love (rather used to love) the new school books..but only for the first few weeks..then I'd be back to looking at them skeptically ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol at ' looking at them skeptic ally' :)

      Delete
  2. I love looking at new school books and covering them too! Also the rest of the assorted new purchases for new school year - a new tiffin box, water bottle, pencil-box, etc, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my fav part of new term too. usedto love covering my books in brown paper and then the plastic sheet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the love the smell of new books and fresh brown paper too.

      Delete
  4. There's something beautiful about blank, unused notebooks at the beginning of a school year, yes! :)

    I always thought brown paper was recyclable, too. No?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too....but guess the plastic is hardier.

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)