Kids

Kids

Monday 7 February 2011

Statistics

Finally, finally - Y has started sleeping through the night. I hardly realized it until a couple of days ago, when I recalled that I had been sleeping uninterrupted for a few days. No night-time wakings, bawlings, diaper-changings, water-fetchings....Unlike other, wiser and smarter mothers, I never sleep-trained my kids, and the result has been a massive sleep deficit for me. I complied some stats in my head. Since August 2005, I have spent:
6 months dealing with colic;
45 months (~4 years) being sleep-deprived and getting less than 8 hours of beauty sleep (witness the dark shadows and circles under the eyes);
39 months (~3.3 years) breastfeeding;
36 months (1.5 years) being a working mom;
46 months (~4 years) on the other side of the fence, as a SAHM;
24 months (2 years) studying, trying to study, panicking because I haven't studied, frustrated because they didn't allow me to study - in general trying becoming a nervous wreck.
If someone had shown me these numbers 6 years ago, who knows what might have happened, but I sure as hell wouldn't be writing this blog because there would be no kids to write about!
Let me end with the standard enconium of kids being the delight of my heart, joy of my life and all that :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are definitely some real and brilliant statistics.. :)

    Like you mentioned, if we all knew about any of this stuff beforehand, the world would be a different place ;).

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)