Kids

Kids

Friday 18 February 2011

The parent's revenge

I was watching them, secretly (as always); and Ads shouted at Y in sheer frustration: "Will you please stop talking for ONE SECOND?!!!"
I almost fell off the sofa, I was laughing so hard and Ads was so mad at me. It wasn't the first time this had happened, and every time it does, I react in the same way. With delight. That Ads is being paid back in spades for all the incessant talking that he plagued us with for four years.
In fact, he's now a lot quieter than Y who talks non-stop. To me, S, Ads, the maids, and to the walls and imaginary conversations on the phone when no one is listening (which is most of the time!). But most of the time, she talks to her brother, and expects a response and that drives him nuts especially when he is concentrating on his drawing. I know how it feels when someone talks so much that you can't hear yourself think. Ads is going through that now.
I'd spare some sympathy for him, if I wasn't so busy gloating.....
Sweet revenge. It feels good.

2 comments:

  1. At the risk of drawing immediate staccato fire, i'll stick my neck out and say this.
    Tell him to put up with that. Will serve him well in the long run :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL.. this hasn't yet happened at my place but looking forward to it now ;)..

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)