Kids

Kids

Thursday 30 August 2012

Thank you everyday

Y and I have developed a nightly bedtime routine. We snuggle in bed and I quiz her. Nothing "difficult" like questions about animals and numbers, but phonics and alphabets are a current favourite. Then we say Thank You to each other for all the good things that have happened that day. For example, I'll say, Thank you for being a good girl today.
Then it's her turn. She says, Thank you for the noodles that you packed for lunch.
Me: Thank you for putting away your toys.
Y: Thank you for letting me watch Chota Bheem.
Me: Thank you for being so cute.
Y: Thank you for saying that.
The last thank you cracked me up :) So now she says it everyday, right at the end when she doesn't know what else to be thankful for :)
The poor thing has been sick for the last week, going on for 10 days now. She has been diagnosed with typhoid. I do have to be grateful to her for being such a good patient kid who downs her medication without any complaint, who doesn't ask for any junk food, who stays quiet as a mouse when I am on a call and who rests whenever I ask her to.
Thank you, girl!
 

15 comments:

  1. She is such a good girl even when sick..aww..:-)
    sending loads of wishes for a speedy recovery and good health to cutie Yukta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u...she's getting better ...and better ..:)

      Delete
  2. Check out these two links. I am sure you will find them useful and interesting.

    http://adventuresofpotlibaba.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/experiencing-gujarat/

    http://adventuresofpotlibaba.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/experiencing-gujarat-the-story-continues/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww that is so cute! :) LOved this post, Aparna!

    She is such a sweet li'l girl. Big hugs to her. Hope she gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the wishes and the links!

      Delete
  4. Loved your bedtime routine with little Y :)
    She is such a good girl even when she is sick! Wish her a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's tough! Get well soon Yukta! I'm sure you will always remember this bed time routine you have with your mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u smita. Can't wait for her to get back to her normal self.

      Delete
  6. That is such a cute thank-you recital. Lol on the last line! Y is a brave kid, quite like my lil G.Wishing her a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chatty wren. She is much better now though still out of school for another week.

      Delete
  7. I really like your goodnight game.I had a habit of ending things with - because I want to (BIWT) It goes like "Why did you come late?" BIWT. "Wh did you waste lunch"? BIWT. Then my mom refused to serve me potatoes and replied with a BIWT :( I stopped, needless to say! Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is indeed a blessing to have a chamathu child (Could'nt find an exact translation for that word .. Some words cant be translated no? :))
    Hope Y is feeling better now ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...yes...come to think of it...what is the english word for chamathu? :)) Thanks, she is much better and going to school now.

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)