Kids

Kids

Monday 24 January 2011

Words of career wisdom

A friend on facebook had posted this video and I found it a very intelligent, balanced point of view in tackling the serious question of why women are "opting out" of their careers and some societal and also internal changes that are required for those who want to stay in the workforce and rise to the top. The points she makes are so pertinent, and definitely points #1 and #3 were something I hadn't seriously thought about before. How to 'sit at the table' and 'not leave before you leave' really resonated with me. As she says right at the end -  I want my son to have a choice to contribute fully in the workforce or at home, and I want my daughter to have the choice to not just exceed, but to be liked for her accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts :)