Kids

Kids

Friday 30 October 2020

Biking trip to the Laurel Highlands

Drove to Pennsylvania's Laurel Highlands to see the fall colors. After our successful debut long bike ride over the summer , I've been scouting for more scenic bike trails and we found the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) trail that winds over 150 miles through PA, WV, and MD. We did a small portion of that (22 miles/35 km) between the towns of Confluence and Ohiopyle. I wasn't sure that Y and I would make it, but we did! Not bad, huh? Of course, I couldn't sleep for 2 nights after that, my hamstrings and glutes were shrieking with pain!! But proud of this small accomplishment at my advanced age and it gives me the confidence to do more such trips with the whole family. 

The crunch of dry leaves underfoot. Red, orange and yellow splashed all over the horizon, on the mountain tops, and reflected in clear rivers. The nip in the air and the rush of wind as we biked alongside the Youghiogheny River (quite a mouthful, ain't it!). There's no season that is as beautiful and as enchanting as the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts :)