Kids

Kids

Saturday 21 November 2015

Curiouser and curiouser

Very often, Ads will bombard me with random pieces of information. Sample from this afternoon, all in a space of less than 5 minutes.
Did you know Japan has 353,000 robots? The USA has 153,000.
If you tickle yourself, you won't laugh because the cerebellum send signals to the brain to ignore the tickling.
A US survey lists clergyman, firefighter, physical therapist and teacher as the most satisfying professions 
More than half of household dust actually consists of discarded human skin shavings, which are worn out skin cells (yuck!)
All of which makes me think of how different my kids are, even when it comes to being curious. Ads' curiosity is of the intellectual kind. He is interested in the large questions - the human race, the nature of God and the Universe, science and so on (though he has lately developed an annoying habit of reading all my whatsapp messages!). He learns through reading and accepts unquestioningly anything he reads. Long ago I suppose, he came to terms with the very limited intelligence of his parents and others around him and therefore relies on books for knowledge :)
Y's curiosity, on the other hand is more earthy. She is very interested in gossip, what everyone's saying, why that person said this and thought that....more like tell me the here and now...science and the Universe are unfathomable and will always be :) She learns, not through books, but by unceasing questioning. What's that word mean? Why did Thatha say that? What do you mean by that? Why did this happen? She learns by doing and is far more intuitive than her brother- the main reason why she will always have better life skills than him!
Sometimes, I want to make a list like we used to do in school. List 10 differences between Ads & Y. I feel like drawing a line in the middle and listing them all down :) This is the case with many siblings but I am always amazed by how chalk and cheese my kids are. Nature intended parents to always be on their toes and never develop a sense of complacence while raising their second or third child.

3 comments:

  1. Handling one child is hard enough! I keep wondering if I really want to go through this route of child rearing another time!!
    I really admire all you people who had the grit and determination to go through that gruelling job all over again.
    But your post makes me think it will be fun once they grow up a little :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha I don't know if we are worthy of admiration...but its very interesting to see the siblings interact and their different personalities.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha...this reminds me of R and my niece..they are alike in many ways but also so dissimilar like the ones you've listed out here. And, yes, I realized that parenting is never going to be easy by simply trying again and again and I've chosen to experiment all I can with the one I have :-p

    Aarthy, how have you been? :-) yes, all fun when they grow..until then you need to save your sanity to enjoy that bit, methinks.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts :)